Friday, August 10, 2007

my feet smell

It's due to wearing ballet flats with no socks. I love ballet flats. I hate wearing socks. I like being barefoot. What's a girl to do?

Seriously. Any suggestions?

I remember when I was little, I hated to wear shoes, and would try to go everywhere without them. I still would prefer to not wear shoes, but I know that it would be absolutely idiotic to walk around without shoes----not to mention it's mostly prohibited, at least in public establishments. Oh, to be young, uneducated, and cute enough for the authorities to 'let it slide'.

Out of boredom and general curiosity, I looked up "barefoot" on wikipedia. I only mention this because, as one might have guessed, I most often drive barefoot in warmer months, and the aforementioned wikipedia entry covers the popular urban legend that posits driving barefoot as an illegal practice.

What's strange is I find the smell of my feet appalling in an office setting, but I rarely notice at all while driving home from work. Hmmmmmmmmm.

2 comments:

Laura-Marie said...

My mom uses a powder on her feet to keep the stink at bay. I don't know what kind.

I love going barefoot too. And I truly believed that driving while barefoot was illegal.

Jessica Land said...

Baby powder is a good idea.

I once dated a guy who put baby powder on his crotch daily. He learned the trick from a guy friend. I have never heard of anyone else doing that; perhaps, others just don't freely discuss it.