Monday, November 5, 2007

Monday Morning News on cnn.com

Yes, I'm lame and read cnn.com for news each Monday morning, and most other days as well. It's not that I don't read other things, but moreso that I find the CNN homepage best for a wide mix of news. (Again, Amanda is keeping track of news that might be of interest to sex workers and their allies at SWOP East's blogspot. I, however, just post things that interest me when I feel like it.)

In my darkest hours, I have often entertained, if not idolized, the idea of walking into a stream of traffic, fearless and accepting all consequences. (And, you know, it would be my shitty "luck" to actually survive such an attempt at suicide.) I don't know what this lad was attempting but his luck was as good as I imagined mine would be. (Okay, I know MORE parentheses! But I wanted to add this little anecdote: The eve I found out that my recent health problems were likely due to me having Multiple Sclerosis, I walked, against the light, through a number of crosswalks as I made my way from the neurologist's office to my apartment on 3rd Ave. If a car dared to honk, I flipped them off. I thought of it all as my fuck you to the world. I remember that all quite vividly, but I still can't bring myself to think of my survival as amazing.)

I must confess that scented and flavored condoms have never appealed to me. Sex is about the senses for me: touch, taste, smell. I want to smell my partner, not strawberries or pineapple. But apparently, condoms with scents that appeal to varying cultures are more popular than I would expect.

Another instance of injuring support staff at an adult business: Bouncer set on fire after ejecting stripclub patron

We got a proper report on teachers molesting children. I say we're do for one of youth ministers as well: Church Minister Allegedly Paid Children For Sex

4 comments:

Amanda Brooks said...

Great selection of news stories!

Kind of disturbed to read about your walking around in the street.

XX

The Last Unitard said...

Immolation is the new shooting people.

Jessica Land said...

Amanda: Don't be too disturbed by that; it feels like ages ago.

Uni: I don't get it.

The Last Unitard said...

I meant instead of shooting each other when they're upset, they will set each other on fire instead, which will be particularly effective around these parts, since it's never going to rain again.